Friday, January 16, 2009

HUNTER or HUNTED

I remember my Irish grandmother telling me...
"Careful what you wish for, it might want u more!"
Wish and Want, they seem like synonyms, but they often originate from opposite ends of the playing field, the area I, maybe you and hopefully we, call life.
If not, lets agree with what has been said...
Theatrically by one - but maybe not the one you are thinking of.?!

" We are, but actors on the stage..."

...then again it may have been a gaggle of geese aloft in the evening winds of time.

or more succinctly...

"...children at play in the fields of the LORD."
Most times that Wish and Want, occupy the same space, one tends to annilate the other.
"You may wish it so, but we want it as is!"
Sometimes, the two are complementary, whereas one, leads to the other.

"I want to fulfill your wishes..."

"I wish to fulfill your wantonness!"

You might say... opposite sides of the same coin.
Othertimes, these wholely seperate entities combine in a mutually productive/satisfying way.

"If you wish, then i want and we shall"

WOW!

"I daught I daw a Puddy Dat!?!

"A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.

"The thorns which I have reap'd are of the tree I planted; they have torn me, and I bleed. I should have known what fruit would spring from such a seed." - Byron

"The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings."

NOW!

"La Belle Dame sans Merci"

I wish to be.../I want 2b...

Knowing the past, allows you/me/us to plan for the future.

BUT...

I only Wish/Want to LIVE IN THE MOMent.

What ever may come!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actaeon

fshrrex

No comments: